Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Transformation

As the day comes to a close, I feel the need to clarify my AdvoCare transformation pic that's been floating around on my page and the page of a few friends today. Seeing it over and over, and hearing a few comments have spurred a couple of important thoughts in me. 

If you didn't catch the pic on Facebook, here it is, along with the caption:
"Want to know how much AdvoCare has changed my life? This is just the outside transformation, which doesn't even scratch the surface...thankful and amazed at all that has happened in our lives in just a few years. I know my story is just one of thousands in AdvoCare, but sometimes it's hard to believe that it's actually MINE and they I'm living it. Feeling blessed today!"

So here's some end-of-the-day thoughts:

1) I'm thankful for all my amazing friends who have gathered 'round to state what might not have been outright said: those pics have not, do not, and will not EVER define "beauty" for me. Hear me when I say that I very intentionally never said that. I know Who defines beauty and I know that it is rooted in my wholehearted pursuit of Christ. So thank you for your reminders, or maybe clarification, of that point. :) 

2) Everyone knows I'm a CrossFitter. But people look at me now and find it difficult to separate what CrossFit did for me vs. what AdvoCare did for me. CrossFit helped me become a strong, functional, and confident girl. I LOVE CrossFit and I love being "CrossFit chick" and I love that I can snatch 135# and clean 175# (<----yep, that was bragging just a little ;)). On the other hand, AdvoCare has grounded me nutritionally to a system that helps me manage my weight and size for life, gives me performance products that have absolutely increased my PR's at CrossFit and has offered our family a business opportunity that is allowing us to one day be a family full-time while helping others do the same as well. CrossFit is awesome but will never afford the business opportunity that AdvoCare has, and I am truly grateful to have them both and thankful that they can go hand in hand!

3) At the end of the day, I still look at those pics and think how crazy it is that this is MY life. That I have this incredible husband and two amazing little girls. That we are writing an unbelievable story - one that will bring glory to God but that also has purpose and significance in our lives and in the lives of those around us and is leaving a legacy for our kids. AdvoCare has become our vehicle for unlocking that story. Paul was a tentmaker, we sell AdvoCare. Tents gave folks shelter back in Paul's day, AdvoCare meets REAL needs in today's society that is drowning in a sea of health crisis and financial debt. I get to help people with that. And be a wife. And a mom. And a CrossFit chick. :)

Dear friends, stick with us on this. Allow us to prove to you that we are not walking away from all that we once held dear, but are - in fact - now finally freeing ourselves of the things that held us back from running wholeheartedly after what is MOST important to us. And our greatest desire is that you would lock arms with us and run after Him Who sets us free and help others also be set free from those things that entangle and enslave all of us in this time here on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment